About my Training, qualifications & experience
With an academic background of a first class honours degree in psychology, and post-graduate research, I spent 15 years teaching Psychology A-level to teenagers and adults, but always felt I wanted to be working more personally with clients on a one-to-one basis so I took the further training to become a counsellor and psychotherapist. I have advanced Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy and became an Accredited (and registered) member of the British Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors and adhere to their standards of professional practice and ethics.
I have been a counselling supervisor since 2012 and have been a tutor for Counselling courses with Adult Education in Cornwall and now provide Continuing Professional Training for Counsellors.
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Accredited member of the National Counselling
- Society Qualified Assertiveness Trainer
- BA with Hons Psychology 1st class
- Post Grad Dip in Psychological Research Methods
- Person-Centred Couples Counsellor
- Training Online Therapy Certificate Certificate in Supervision (CPCAB)
- Practitioner in Emotional Freedom Technique