About my Training, qualifications & experience
With an academic background of a first-class honours degree in psychology, and post-graduate research, I spent 15 years teaching Psychology A-level to teenagers and adults, but always felt I wanted to be working more personally with clients on a one-to-one basis so I took the further training to become a counsellor and psycotherapist. I have an advanced Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy and am an Accredited (and registered) member of the British Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors and adhere to their standards of professional practice and ethics.
I now supervise other counsellors and give Continuing Professional Development training to other counsellors.
I have been a counselling supervisor since 2012 and have been a tutor for Counselling courses with Adult Education in Cornwall and now provide Continuing Professional Training for Counsellors.
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Accredited member of the National Counselling
- Society Qualified Assertiveness Trainer
- BA with Hons Psychology 1st class
- Post Grad Dip in Psychological Research Methods
- Person-Centred Couples Counsellor
- Training Online Therapy Certificate Certificate in Supervision (CPCAB)
- Practitioner in Emotional Freedom Technique